Waste Not, Want Not Wednesday.
Let’s talk veggies.
Sometimes there is a lot waste when you peel or core or what not. What do you do when this happens? Veggies aren’t exactly cheap. Especially when you aren’t growing them yourself. Sometimes you may feel the peels are peels and meant to be thrown away. Sometimes you can use them, and you’re really making good use of your money.
- A few ideas for veggie waste
- Make stock
- Freeze them to make stock later
- Depending on the waste that it is, blend it, make a soup, add it to bread, dehydrate for “crackers”
- Save the seeds, dry them and plant them in the spring. My gram does this when she loves a particular veggie
- When all else won’t work, compost so you can use it to make happy veggies next year.
Thank you for all the great ideas last week. I can’t wait to hear what you all have for this week.