I stole this from Dianna who I gather got it from many others. It’s been making it’s rounds.
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? If I could just put something under the tree without any covering I would. And I have but I get made fun of. So I use some cloth bags and some paper because the girls like something they can destroy.
- Real or artificial tree? I have a metal tree that I got as a gift when I worked in California. I worked in the office of a plant that made metal racking. The guys made metal trees one year ( I don’t know if management knew) and I was lucky enough to get one. I’m told it’s small and flat and not a really good tree, so we get a real one that everyone can take part in decorating.
- When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend before Christmas
- When do you take it down? Anytime between the 26th and the 30th. I like to have it down before New Years though I’m a slacker where household duties are concerned so it doesn’t always happen.
- Do you like eggnog? There isn’t enough Rum in Maine to make it palatable
- Favorite gift received as a child? My pony. Did I make you jealous for a second? No I didn’t get a pony for Christmas. I did grow up on a farm and I did have a pony though. You’ve put me on the spot and I can’t remember what my favored Xmas gift was. Maybe Mom remembers. Mom? Are you reading?
- Do you have a nativity scene? No.
- Hardest person to buy for? I don’t like to buy a lot of gifts so I’ll say the hardest person to make stuff for (which is what I like to gift) would be the husbeast.
- Easiest person to buy for? Myself – oh um, right…. My girls.
- Worst Christmas present you ever got? Meat of the month. No really, I don’t know if there even is such a thing. I can’t say that any gift is actually horrible because there is a kind thought behind it all. Though there were a few outfits purchased for me whenI was a teen (and less mature about the gift not just being about the material item), that I remember feeling were terrible.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? I call people. If I had time to write a personal letter to each and every friend, I absolutely would do that. A simple signed card seems so impersonal (and I have such little time that’s all I can do). So I try to call those that I can. I can talk and work at the same time.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Bad Santa. haha – no. Um…. The Grinch
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? For the girls I start to pick things up at the fall fiber festivals. Yes, my life really does revolve around fiber. The fiber festivals to me herald the coming winter and holiday seasons.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
- Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Spring rolls that I make. I usually only make the all out special ones for Christmas.
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear or one color. Multi colors bug me for some reason.
- Favorite Christmas song?The Ramones – Merry Christmas (I don’t want to fight tonight)
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
- Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Nope, the brain seems to want to remember other things.
- Angel or star on top of tree? For a few years it was a fish head (you had to be there). I suppose a star works just as good though.
- Open presents Christmas Eve or morning. One Christmas eve and the rest in the morning.
- Most annoying thing this time of year?Mean people. It used to be that people were so much nicer this time of year but now everyone just seems so much more stressed out and a little more mean.
- Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color?We hang lots of old toys and action figures. That’s the only real theme. We have a few real ornaments too but it’s mostly actual toys that we’ve attached wire or ribbon to.
- What do you leave for Santa? A naughty magazine and a bottle of vodka. Ok, not really – Santa is still all PG in this house. Chocolate chip cookies and Hot cocoa. I wonder what kind of presents I’d get if we did leave out the X-rated goodies.???
I’m working on an update- 3pm this afternoon.
I got Nana Boogie to update her site too with more sheepie stuff.