I didn’t join this last year. I was knitting designs for a book and had no time to think of join up. Really, I spent from March to August of last year designing and knitting. I think I did 7 different things. I lost count after 5. It was fun and I enjoyed working for the author. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. This year, I have one more commission sweater to complete for Knitscene and then I haven’t sent in any other proposals. I plan to take a month off to work on the shop and to relax. Or relax as much as a high strung, business owner and mother of 2 is able to do.
The month of July is all about spinning. I’ll of course be spinning for the the coopworth fair isle. I’m thinking with spinning every day for 2+ weeks I should have that sweater ready to cast on. Or maybe I’m dreaming. You know I dream big so we’ll see how far it goes.
Check out the guidlines(not rules) – they’re easy. Really, if it’s not easy, you know I wouldn’t have joined up. Come play along.
1. Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 7th through Sunday July 29th. Days of rest: Monday, July 16th, Tuesday July 24th. (Just like the actual tour)
2. Spin something challenging Wednesday July 25th. (The last hard climbing mountain stage in the Pyrenees – Col d’Aubisque)
3. Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool.
4. Wear yellow on Sunday July 29th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour – but here we are all ‘race leaders’)
5. Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter – think FAST), Polka-dot (climber – as in uphill), and white (rookie)
Now about me and my sweater
I’ve been looking at this book:
The Alice Starmore one hasn’t come in yet so my opinions may change. Right now I’m leaning towards a swedish sweater something like :
I really want to do corrugated ribbing and my own design in the fair isle part, but I really like the way this one looks as a whole. It may just be that it’s all in grey so I can really see my fleeces workign well with this. I don’t know if anyone but me finds this interesting but I’m going to keep posting about it. I really like to see my
indecision thought process on how some of these things come about. Often designs just pop into my head, I sketch them, I swatch and there it is. Then there are those, like this baby, that keeps working around and around in my head. They morph and change on an almost hourly basis. Hopefully I’ll settle on something before I cast on or there will be lots of frogging.
I’ll be starting to ship Club tomorrow so I won’t be posting. Have a great weekend.