I was tagged by Dianna. I figured I’d do it now as I don’t have much I can show you knitwise. Not that stuff isn’t happening. It’s just stuff that can’t be shown.
Eight Random Things About Me:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I don’t like working on computers. I resisted getting one for a long time. Even though I went to school for computer graphics and now most of my business is done online where I spend half my day at the computer.
2. My Gram taught me to knit and crochet. She never uses patterns because she never learned to read them. So I always made up my own patterns and never really minded ripping out or I would just “work in” the mistake. When I learned to read patterns and Gram wanted to knit/crochet something that she had a pattern for, I’d work up a swatch for her so she could “read” the new stitch.
3. I love getting pierced. My newest piercing is a Labret. If you see me at a fiber show over the next couple of months and I look like a duffus (no, really like a huge duffus) because I’m playing with the Labret with my tongue, poke me.
4. The house I live in is one that my parents built right after they were married and lived there until I was 13. When I say they built it, I don’t mean they had it built for them. They built it themselves with help from family and friends. I love this house.
5. I have a thing for knitting needles. Even if I don’t need a new set, if I see a set in colors – especially if they’re wooden ones in colors. I need them. Grafton Fibers has some and I only got one set. I’m wishing I had purchased one in each color.
6. I become a crispy critter in the sun. I almost always wear Sunblock and usually carry it with me. Just so you know.
7. I rarely change out my jewelry. I keep my necklace on most of the time, and I rarely change out the other jewelry. I clean it, I’m not a troll, but I usually put the same ones back in. I almost never wear my wedding band (actually right now it’s not even an option, I’ve gained weight since I had Boogie Baby and the ring isn’t comfortable to wear).
8. I’m not tagging anyone. I almost never do. If there are those of you that want to do the meme, by all means, do it and let me know in the comments.